Monday 21 January 2013

January's Game: Circus Calamity!!

With just over a week to go before the month is behind us, I am happy to announce that I have finished my first game for the OneGameAMonth challenge.

It is, to put it simply, a game. It is called "Circus Calamity" and is a very simple point and click game. The object of the game is to click everything that moves (except for the bombs - you don't want to click them, trust me) until they go away. Click enough and you'll get a nifty surprise bonus item! What do you do with this nifty bonus item? You click it, of course! (What, you were expecting something else?)

Since I am not (yet) fluent in any programming languages, this game was done using GameMaker and the graphics and music were found free-to-use on various websites.

To play the game, you have two choices. If you own GameMaker on Steam, you can find the game here or you can download the exe here. The exe only works on Windows; if you don't have Windows, I do apologize.

My next few games will probably be made in GameMaker again. Hopefully before the year is out, I'll be far enough in my C++ course to be able to make a simple game outside of GameMaker. We'll see, I guess.

Roll on February!

3 comments:

  1. Hi There !
    Just finished your game.
    Kinda simple but it's a start ! ( I'm a beginner to so I totally understand). I think Something misses Thought. Like a Timer or a scoring aspect. I think it will make the game more nervous and oblige the player too chose between fast but inacurate move or slow but precise mose. Also, I got this On screen
    http://prntscr.com/pxe5e
    Kinda weird. Dont know if a break something.
    Have a nice day :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whoa! I didn't run into that when I tested it. Did you leave it sitting for awhile? The small evil clowns spit out bombs every so often, but that is quite a lot of them! I'll look into it and see if I can find out what went wrong. Thank you for letting me know. And thanks for playing the game!

      Delete
    2. Hum, no. I was just clicking on the clown when a shit load of bomb start to spawn with some cap on the sides. I clicked very fast but still, I dont think i have done annything different from the other panel. Can't really help you on that, sorry.
      Keep it up !

      Delete